Jewish Old Aged Home
42 Mackie Street I Baileys Muckleneuk I Pretoria I 0181
Contact: Gary Arenson
The following amenities are offered:
- Bright and welcoming foyer which houses the Administration
- The Friedland Frail Care centre is accessed from the foyer
- The library, hair salon and 3-roomed conference center is on the ground floor adjacent to the foyer
- The link to the lounge also affords access to the in-house shop, Wendy’s, and to the garden atrium.
- The elegant lounge, tastefully decorated is fully accessible to the verandah and Jaffa’s beautiful garden
- The Dining room and assisted eating area leads off the lounge
- The kitchen is run on strictly kosher lines in accordance with Beth Din requirements
- Where possible, a hotel room for visiting family can be arranged
Situated in a beautiful leafy green suburb of Pretoria, our very special city, JAFFA offers single and double accommodation of various sizes and configurations. It allows our residents, home from home comfort.
Run by a dedicated, caring staff, it offers three wholesome kosher meals a day with mid-morning and afternoon refreshments. Daily activities, outings, meetings, visitors, lectures, shiurim, entertainment organised by qualified staff and eager volunteers, gives you the option of being creative, artistic, challenged, stimulated, useful, or just to relax, if that’s your choice.
Medical care is provided, as well as general security. There are staff on duty every day and night of the year to protect residents’ welfare. There are suitably qualified Professional Registered nurses, to care for all medical needs and emergencies. Care is paramount.
Interesting visitors from overseas and locally, attend Jaffa regularly to share their experiences and knowledge. It is the heartbeat, (or social pulse), of Pretoria Jewry.